Sweet Potato Omelette
This is a super easy and quick sweet potato omelette recipe. It makes the perfect post-workout breakfast or lunch.
The nutrients of the Sweet potato are through the roof high and they are a great carbohydrate to feed your muscles and provide your body with energy. Alongside protein rich Feta and eggs, this really is a perfectly balanced meal.
Lean Sweet Potato Omelette
Ingredients for one person:
1 small sweet potato
1 tsp. Coconut Oil
1 garlic clove
1 pinch salt
1 pinch pepper
1/2 tsp. paprika
40g Fetta cheese
Small handful of Spinach or Rocket
- Pierce the potato with a fork and microwave for 4-5 minutes until soft in the centre.
- Place the oil in a pan on a medium heat.
- Finely chop the onions and fry until browning.
- Add chopped garlic and mushrooms and fry for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Break eggs into a small bowl and mix with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Give the ingredients in the pan one last stir then pour over the egg mixture.
- Even the ingredients out over the pan with a spatula and turn the heat down to low.
- Crumble over the Feta and cover with a lid or plate if you don’t have a lid. This will help the egg cook on top instead of having to use the grill.
- After 5 minutes, check the egg is cooked on top.
- When ready take off the heat and through over your greens of choice.
- I like a generous drizzling of Frank’s Hot Sauce but this is totally optional.
My little cherubs love a good omelette and I find it is a great way to get some extra vegetables into their diet. Feel free to change the ingredients to suit your own brood.
If you like this recipe, why not take a look at another:
Sweet Potato Hash with Chorizo – Lean Recipe. I hope you love it.